Oct 1, 2006

Feature: Cyanotica




ChestWiastHipsHeightWeight
Imperial34b"27"36"5"5'118 lbs
Metric
86cm68cm91cm165cm54 Kg


GGotW: Is your name your real name of a stage name?
: I've gone by Cyanotica for years - it just sounded cool but also has some personal meanings for me. My real name is Tina.

GGotW: In what region of the US do you live?
Cyanotica: I'm a midwestern girl by location, but a big city girl at heart!

GGotW: Has modeling been easy where you live or do you find you need to travel for gigs?
Cyanotica:
I got into modeling primarily to help my husband out, who is a top shelf photographer - no kidding, he's really good! The furthest I've traveled is to Columbus, Ohio for the Ohioscene shoot.

GGotW: What lead you to modeling?
Cyanotica: As mentioned above, my husband was interested in photographing me, so I gladly obliged.

GGotW: Was the gothic modeling your first genre, or did you start in another field and move into Goth?
Cyanotica: I've always loved Gothic and Punk aesthetics, so it seems only natural to me. I don't think I'm qualified for anything else!

GGotW: Why are you now doing gothic modeling?
Cyanotica: I've always liked to express myself in an unusual way - since I was a young kid I've been "different", so this is a natural extension of my personality.

GGotW: Who's your favourite photographer to work with?
Cyanotica: My husband, Todd Martin, of course! :-)

GGotW: What keeps you busy when you're not modeling?
Cyanotica: Looking for a job!! I recently obtained my Master's Degree in Library and Information Science, and have worked on and off in libraries for about 14 years - yes, I'm a librarian! I also maintain correspondences with about 15 people through a pen-palling club, and I enjoy music concerts, music festivals, and all sorts of travel.

GGotW: When you model are the clothes yours already?
Cyanotica: They are always mine...I'm a "collector" of clothing - at least that my story! ;-)

GGotW: What's your favourite outfit to date?
Cyanotica: I have a really neat red pvc bustle gown that I'm totally in love with. It was designed by , and I can't thank them enough for their great workmanship!

GGotW: What is the coolest thing you've ever shoot?
Cyanotica: I think the Ohioscene shoot was the best. I wore some red contacts for the shoot, and although it was painful, it was totally worth it!

GGotW: What will you not shoot, or are you limitless?
Cyanotica: I really don't do anything demeaning to women, but I have no problem with nudity.

GGotW: What's up next for you? More shoots, shows, or some other project that you're working on in another field.
Cyanotica: I would love to keep working with my husband, as well as other photographers (if they'll have me!). I'd also like to do shoots with a futuristic bent in addition to standard gothic attire, as I've been a huge fan of sci-fi all my life.

GGotW: When you started , was there are propose behind it other than exposure?
Cyanotica: I really just wanted to learn HTML and other forms of website creation - I definitely need to update it! Maybe learn some Flash as well!

GGotW: What else would you like to tell us?
Cyanotica: Just that I'm an enthusiastic student of modeling, and crave more real-world experience! I believe I'm easy to work with, and believe I would bring a unique presence to photography projects.

Goth Girl CrossI received word on Dec 8th, that Cyanotica, the 5th Goth Girl of the Week passed away. There is a Guest Book on her obituary page, and a Facebook page.

Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Died today, Dec 7, 2010. RIP....

RevJody said...

she was beautiful and she is still missed