Oct 5, 2008

Feature: Cathexis


ModelMayhem
Myspace


ChestWaistHipsCorsetHeightWeight
Imperial28B"27"35"21"5"4'102lb
Metric71cm69cm89cm53cm163cm46kg



GGotW: What got you started in modeling?
Cathexis: When I was in middle school I was in the experimental makeup phase, so I checked out a variety of books about makeup. One of them was Cindy Crawford's book and one of the chapters consisted of modeling tips, so I read it and decided to why not try it? My dad took pictures of me that turned out pretty decent. I didn't submit them to any agency, but I did take some modeling classes.

GGotW: Did you start as a Gothic model or work towards it?
Cathexis:I worked towards it. I actually wanted to model for Abercrombie and Fitch, but lost interest as I slowly turned towards the alternative scene.

GGotW: What precipitated your turn towards the alternative scene?
Cathexis: Back in Middle School and High School I started hanging out with people who were into the alternative/gothic scene. I immediately fell in love with the gothic culture as well as the music. The aesthetic-ness of the clothing and style itself caught my attention. Of course back then it was difficult for me to purchase anything of that nature without having to shop at Hot Topic.

GGotW: What photographers have you worked with?
Cathexis: Some local and out-of-state. I have worked with Curtis Joe Walker, Ember X, Richard Wirkus, and Scott Levy.

GGotW: What is the funnest shoot you have done?
Cathexis: The very first one I did, with Scott Levy and Ember X. I was nervous and anxious and didn't know what to expect, but we just hung out and chilled. It was very laid back and I ended up having a blast.

GGotW: What is your favorite image to date?
Cathexis: The one where I am up against a corner, holding a knife with blood everywhere.

GGotW: Do you have a goal with your modeling?
Cathexis: At the moment, I am just taking it as it goes. That's all anyone can really do. I would really love to be in Gothic Beauty Magazine, whether it's an article or an ad. I love that magazine, and being a part of it would just make me very happy.

GGotW: What would be your dream photoshoot?
Cathexis: I don't really have one at the moment, but I would love to work with Philip Warner or Chad Michael Ward. Both of those photographers are very creative and their photos are breath taking.

GGotW: What can you tell us about the Gothic scene in Vegas?
Cathexis: It's not as huge as the scene in other places like L.A. It's pretty small, but still decently sized. Our venues change more often than any other place. One club or night shuts downs completely due to financial reasons or personal reasons, and we migrate to another club shortly after. The number of people who show up fluctuates. Once a month type clubs get a lot of people, while every week clubs get less. From what I have noticed, the goth scene here is slowly dying. We just lost a gothic clothing store, which is unfortunate but it happens. We are all trying the best we can to promote the clubs and scene.

GGotW: For people traveling to Las Vegas, is there some Gothic venues you can recommend?
Cathexis: Right now we have Club Cyanide (thursdays) and The Factory (friday) nights at the Good Times Bar (which is located on Tropicana and Spencer, right by the Liberache Museum). We just moved Vector (which is on Saturdays) to a new location (Black Label). Club Cyanide plays gothic music like The Cure and Bauhaus, while The Factory and Vector play industrial. I recommend The Factory, since it's a busy night and they play decent music. Since Vector is once a month with a gorgeous dance floor and a huge location, I also recommend that.

GGotW: In your bio to us you mentioned being a Forensic Science student, are you ever compared Abby Sciuto, from NCIS?
Cathexis: Surprisingly no one has mentioned her to me, all people ever ask me is what specific field in Forensics I am interested in. I wouldn't be surprised if people started comparing me to her.

GGotW: What specific field in Forensics are you interested in?
Cathexis: I was thinking either Forensic Anthropology, Forensic Biology, or a Forensic Pathologist.

GGotW: How much long will your studies take?
Cathexis: I am almost finished with the degree, so it will take at the minimum of two years, but no more than five...hopefully.

GGotW: Do you have a place you hope to work in mind?
Cathexis: I would love to go back to Seattle (where I am originally from), either that or in Ireland.

GGotW: You mention writing in your initial email to us. What do you write?
Cathexis: I mainly write fictional stories, which a lot of them are horror-based.. I also sometimes write poetry, but it's rare when I do.

GGotW: Between modeling, studies and writing do you find time for anything else?
Cathexis: Work and sleep. I do go out to the clubs and sometimes to L.A. With the typical schedule i have, I try to get out as much as possible to keep the little sanity I have.


Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.

No comments: