Jun 5, 2011

Feature: Winter Frost


Facebook



ChestWaistHipsHeightWeight
Imperial33"25.5"33"5"7'105lb
Metric83cm64cm83cm170cm49kg


GGotW: What got you started as a model?
WF: I have always been artistically creative and basically treated myself as a canvas. When I was fifteen I was asked by photographer Kimberley Camilleri to model. She told me she liked the way looked and wanted to get it onto pictures. I liked to paint myself up and dress myself into whatever themes inspired me at the time and she loved to photograph them. It was a perfect relationship. I prominently modeled for her for a few months before she introduced me to photographer Peter Coulson who I mainly work with today. A lot of my pictures I have put up though were taken by Matthew Bush, mainly to model wigs I customized to sell.

GGotW: What kinds of wigs do you do?
WF: I mostly customize big theatrical wigs. I’m inspired a lot by wigs from the 16th century, though it may be hard to see the similarities. I love to have volume in my wigs and coloured sections. Making them involves bleaching, dying, cutting, styling and sewing. All the images that I appear to have explosive hair are 99% wigs I have customized.

GGotW: Have you had the opportunity to work with a lot of photographers?
WF: I have had the opportunity to work with a decent amount of photographers. I am actually fairly picky with the photographers I chose to work with as I need to feel I have a connection with them. There are too many photographs that are produced that don’t work because two artists reluctantly clashed their two visions together.

GGotW: Is there a story behind the name; Winter Frost?
WF: I use never leave the house during the day and because of that lost all colour to my skin. An old friend mentioned I had winter white skin and I guess I pinched it from them. Frost seemed to fit I guess.

GGotW: What kind of works do you paint?
WF: Whatever I am inspired by at the time really... I am really inspired by Roy Lichtenstein at the moment and am painting a comic fem fetal series. I also want to do an oil series based on the beautiful animal, Cheetahs. I am hoping to put together enough paintings to hold an exhibition at the end of the year.

GGotW: As a dancer, where do you perform?
WF: I have done Burlesque shows but mainly go-go dancing. I am dancing at Red Bennies in Melbourne (Australia) at the moment doing a few stage shows and go-go dancing. It’s a fun way to make some money. I have danced Jazz, ballet and even Contemporary too.

GGotW: When you're not modeling or dancing what keeps you employed?
WF: I don’t have a stable job if that’s what you’re asking. My arts are my life and how I make my living. I mainly make money through modeling and sell my paintings when I can. It always manages to get me by though I am getting hungrier to make a better living through my arts. I’m working on a variety of projects which I am hoping will get me more publicity leading to more work.

Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.

3 comments:

Obscuria Gothic Shop said...

This girl is cute. Timeless pale skin and black hair always work well :)

Anonymous said...

She's definitely has some unique features-and yes that was a complement, what's her real name ?

Goth Clothes said...

Gorgeous Aussie Goth!
Congratulations Winter Frost.