Jun 1, 2013

Feature: Jossie Ayame

Deviantart
ModelMayhem
Facebook
Tumblr
Modelbase
ChestWaistHipsHeightWeight
Imperial25"32"32"5"4'110lb
Metric64cm82cm82cm164cm50kg

GGotW: You're New to Gothic Modelling, what got you started?
JA: I always loved the goth scene even though I only got into it recently. Ever since I started getting into the scene I wanted to model but I had no idea how to get started. One day my friend who is a model (more commercial than alternative) invited me with to an elegant goth shoot and I loved it!



GGotW: What keeps you coming back for more shoots?
JA: I love the feeling of being in front of the camera. It's addictive!

GGotW: Is there anything you haven't done, in the way of a shoot, that you'd like to?
JA: I'd like to do some more Avante-Garde stuff, anything unusual. I'd also love to get into horror and macabre shoots.

GGotW: What do you do when you're not modelling?
JA: I'm currently studying fashion and I'm loving it! I also have a long-term boyfriend who I love very much and have to manage my time carefully because I have 3 part-time jobs as well - I'm a barlady, waiter and a hostess.

GGotW: Where do you hope to see your fashion studies take you?
JA: I want to become an alternative fashion buyer to get alternative brands into fashion stores so that they are more easily accessible and affordable

Is there a lot of work for a Goth model in Africa?
JA: There aren't really paying jobs in South Africa, so it's mostly TFCD based work. I have to sometimes go out of my way to search for photographers to work with and organise a shoot.

GGotW: What can you tell me about Emalyth?
JA: Emalyth is a company that focuses on promoting the alternative arts - bands, models, designers, dancers, etc. They host many live events and have the Face of Emalyth project for models, photographers and makeup artists where we collaborate and get our work published through them. You can find out more on their website (www.emalyth.co.za) or facebook page (www.facebook.com/Emalyth.Promotions).

GGotW: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
JA: I've always wanted to move to Finland. I hope to move there once I finish studying. I feel like I belong there because I love all things Norse and all my favourite bands are there.

Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.

No comments: