Jul 7, 2009

Feature: DoriBot aRama

goth model with purple hair
Myspace
ModelMayhem
LiveJournal


ChestWaistHipsHeightWeightCorset
Imperial34"25"37"5"9'128lb20"
Metric86cm63cm94cm175cm58kg51cm

GGotW: What is the story behind your name?
DBR: Dori is my nickname way back from high school that just seemed to stick and Bot's is short for robot, I work too much and barely have any rest so it makes sence.

GGotW: How do you describe your style?
DBR: I've come to realize that my style is very moody, and since I love some many different styles and looks, one day I could be going for more of an industrial look and the next day something more vintage inspired. Club wear takes up a large percentage of my closet so you'll see a lot of it in my shoots, but besides all the shiny material I have a love with frilly girl things like lace, velvet you know! I'm super girly.

GGotW: What types do you like to shoot?
DBR: I love shooting for designer, I looooove clothes not boring every days stuff though. I've been in love with latex clothing lately and I'm hoping to do more with that, especially since I go-go for fetish based parties. I'm able to do my own makeup and hair and figuring out an outfit but if a photographer *cough cough* doesn't have any idea what to shoot and tells me just bring 5-6 with a concept that so open ending I don't even know where to begin! i.e. I hate the word edgy.

GGotW: What is it about the word edgy that you dislike?
DBR: The word edgy is just so board, what the heck does anyone mean by saying it?! Its really un-descriptive. I hate photographers when they use that word then I ask what do they mean by that and they can't explain! Maybe its means something not boring or normal and if it is that I'm definitely not your typical American girl-next-door type!

GGotW: What do you suggest as an alternative?
DBR: What does the mainstream public think of normal? Whats not normal to them is alternative. I personally think I'm pretty normal the mainstream people are just boring!

GGotW: How long have you shot?
DBR: Just a little over a year.

GGotW: What got you started?
DBR: Really, Catwalk Tragedy 4 in Philly did, the event pissed me off so much I just wanted to show everyone up. See, I didn't make it to the 2nd round. hahaha no one remembers me for being in that event. I was also in the Catwalk Tragedy NYC this year which was fun until I got a horrible caffeine headache that was pounding my brain to a pulp so I had to leave right after the second round.

GGotW: Who have you shot for?
DBR: I've shot with a lot of photographers but I have my favorites like Candylust, Studio 206, Art-i-Ficial, Rana X, Jennifer Link. They're all amazing!

Goth girl in cyber flavored rubber purple and black dressGGotW: What designers have hired you?
DBR: Tatterdemalion Designs, Dementia Clothing, KvoDesign / Confession NY, Timeless Trends, Spiral Stitching are just some I've done shoots for there's also a lot of runway I've done.

GGotW: What was your experience at Snap'm like?
DBR: Its a networking party, for models, photographers, MUA, hair stylist etc. to meet one another located in New Jersey. I've meet some really awesome models though that event as well as photographer who still have yet to book with but there's an overwhelming amount of GWC who will always take a terrible photos of you.

GGotW: What are you reading?
DBR: I should be reading a book but I can't get myself away from reading Bizzare Magazine its the shit! I wish the magazine was based in the US, I would love to work for them. I'm also a fan of Auxiliary Magazine and Coilhouse.

gothic model with awesome hairGGotW: What do you do when you are not modeling?
DBR: Its more like when I'm not working at my day job or I'm in class, I'm modeling. When I'm not modeling or working I'm out dancing at clubs, hanging out my friends, and painting.

GGotW: What are you studying?
DBR: I'm studying graphic design, I'm still questioning if its for me or not and if I should have stayed with my fine arts major. Either way its a new skill that no everyone knows that pays really well.


catsuit meowGoth model in rubber coreset and glovesGoth 50's housewife retro


Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.

2 comments:

El Diablo said...

Delightful! But does she have any photo sets with a nun habit or clergical garb? Would pay well for such a set. MMmmmmm.

Zaine Belial said...

dude she looks fucking rad! and she sounds like a really talented and smart girl!

:)