Nov 14, 2015

Feature: Tamara Simic

CountrySerbia
AreaBelgrade
FacebookTamara Simic
TumblrVampyria
EtsySardony Lace
Height5' 7" (169cm)

GGotW: When did you start modeling?
TS: I could say I started modeling in 2010 when a jewelry designer from Belgrade asked me to do a photo shoot along with several other models. Since then I’ve worked with different photographers,
in studios and in the open.

GGotW: What designers have you worked with?
TS: I would like to mention Milena Grbovic and her brand Villena Viscaria Clothing. She’s a young designer and corset maker from Belgrade and most of the clothes I’m wearing in photos were designed by her. I’ve modeled for her since 2011, but ever since I started making jewelry, we’ve been working together as sort of a designer team. We’ve worked with some great models over the years and I would like to mention Obsidian Kerttu and the Gothic Wedding inspired editorial we did with her for this year’s second edition of Gothic and Amazing magazine.

GGotW: Have you ever walked a runway?
TS: Many times since 2010, both as a model and a designer (in collaboration with Villena Viscaria
Clothing).

GGotW: What kinds of things do you make?
TS: It’s mainly gothic jewelry and I use all kinds of materials except actual silver, gold, etc. My shop is called Sardonyx Lace and you can find it on Etsy.com. I also have a Facebook page where you can contact me for custom orders. I make chokers, necklaces, pendants, rings, earrings and I recently
started working on some headpieces.

GGotW: What other things do you do artistically?
TS: I love to draw and I’m very interested in portraits. Unfortunately I don’t have much time to practice and I kind of feel bad about that. I haven’t given up though; I know I’ll get better at it at some point.

GGotW: Do you draw your stuff out first?
TS: Actually, I rarely do that. I usually don’t forget my own ideas or custom orders, but I do find quick sketches useful when I have to make several pieces in a short period of time (for fashion shows or photo shoots with several models). They’re always kind of messy and sometimes I change my mind during the process, so I usually throw them away once I’m done making the jewelry.


GGotW: You're a singer, what kind of stuff do you do?
TS: I’ve been in vocal training for opera singers for the last five years. Right now I’m preparing for a concert in December but besides that I’m just working on my technique. I’m a lyric coloratura soprano which basically means I can hit really high notes quite easily. In the past I’ve mostly sang in student concerts and contests and I occasionally join my friend’s band on stage.

GGotW: What is the name of your friends band?
TS: It's Lost Boys, they are a tribute band.

GGotW: What would be your favorite role as a Lyric coloratura?
TS: I can’t tell which one would be my favorite because there are so many (over 60) and I’m not even familiar with most. These are some of the roles I’ve sung so far (one aria at least): Adele (Die Fledermaus – Johann Strauss),  Lisa (La Sonnambula - Bellini), Oscar (Un ballo in maschera - Verdi), Susanna (The Marriage of Figaro - Mozart), Zerlina (Don Giovanni - Mozart). The one I’m looking forward to is Olympia from “The Tales of Hoffmann” by Offenbach. My voice could also be described as soprano acuto sfogato or “stratospheric coloratura soprano” which is a common name for sopranos who have an upper extension above F6.

GGotW: Does that mean you can hit and hold a note to break glass?
TS: That is a common myth. One of the ways you can break glass with sound is by hitting the exact frequency of its natural oscillation. That means it has nothing to do with high pitched sounds as much as it has to do with measuring the oscillation frequency, positioning your mouth at the right angle and distance and being loud enough. Sometimes it can happen by accident, but this
is very rare. A similar technique can be used to destroy buildings and bridges.


Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures

Unknown said...

Hi those photos are awesome

Anonymous said...

She's just gorgeous