May 2, 2009

Feature: Marlo Marquise

Marlo Marquise alt pin-up model

ModelMayhem
MySpace


ChestWaistHipsHeightWeightCorset
Imperial32"23"34"5"3'106lb20"
Metric81cm58cm84cm160cm48kg51cm

Wind blown Marlo MarquiseGGotW: You do Burlesque, what got you started?
MM: I always looked up to showgirls as a little girl, along with ballerinas. I loved how powerful they were when they used femininity, grace and glamor. When I started getting into pinup and fetish modeling, it only made sense to fulfill my dream even more as a performer. After all back in the 1930's and 1940's all the burlesque performers used their pinup photos as a way to market their burlesque performances!

GGotW: So do you use your Burlesque to advertise your Photos or the other way around?
MM: I absolutely use Burlesque and modeling to promote one or the other! They go hand in hand.

GGotW: What has been your most memorable experience as a performer?
MM: I think the first time I ever performed was the most memorable. It was when I realized that I had a passion for it and wanted to pursue it even further, and make a career out of it eventually. I love showing people a good time, that's really what it is about, is seeing an audience really enjoy the show, it's a good feeling.

GGotW: Who have you shot with?
MM: I have shot with many talented photographers, but to name a few that I have worked with multiple times: CandyLust, Insuh Yoon, Studio -X, Chris Gooden, and RedRum Collaboration. They are some of the most amazing people with incredible talent, and I enjoy every minute working with them.

GGotW: We understand you are in Culture De Tragedie, who shot you for it?
MM: Candace from CandyLust used a few images we created together for the Culture De Tragedie book, which I am very pleased with. I haven't seen the book myself yet, but I cant wait to see all that talent in one piece!

GGotW: What else have you done with CandyLust?
MM: CandyLust and I have shot many times together. I think we fell in love with each other creatively, so anytime we have a crazy idea we want to try out, we get together and see what we can pull off! I think the best images come from a trusting relationship between model and photographer.

GGotW: Do you have planned shoots?
MM: My schedule is jam packed right now. I have shoots in the making with Insuh Yoon, Ned & Aya, RedRum on their US tour, Koray, Studio-X, Chris Gooden, James Graham, and many more! All of them top secret! Stay tuned!

GGotW: What have you not shot that you would love to?
MM: I would love to do high concept or high fashion. I've done a lot of pinup and fetish work, but high fashion would be so fun and different for me.

GGotW: Do you have upcoming performances?
MM: I do! On May 2nd, I am a featured attendee for Fixe Magazine's Fetish Prom party at the club QXT, where I will be giving free spanks on the tush!Marlo Marquise in blood red corset

GGotW: We understand you were in Catwalk Tragedy in NY. How did you do?
I was, and it was a fabulous experience. To my surprise, I actually won first place as Miss Catwalk NYC 2009!

GGotW: You're the second Feature that we've had that is involved in SNAPM, what can you tell the readers about it?
MM: Snap'm is a wonderful meet-up group, and the largest in NJ. It's a really great place to meet new people, photographers, models, designers, etc. You definitely want to dress to impress because there are shooting stations on site. Once you get your name out there, you might have the chance to be featured at the event. I was featured in October, and it was really fun showing everyone my portfolio, and meeting new photographers to work with! I highly recommend it, especially if your are starting out, it's a great way to network.


Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.

No comments: