Aug 11, 2019

Feature: Vampiria33



CountryUnited States
AreaNew York
Instagramvampiria33
Height5'5" (165cm)



Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.

GGotW: When did you first realize you were Goth?
V33: I was first introduced to gothic music by a friend when I was 16/17, so this was when I first learned about the subculture. A couple years later I started attending goth events and parties in my city and met people whose entire lifestyles were goth - from the music to the fashion to their interests. I realized that for the first time I found something that felt like me, and I’ve been a part of the subculture ever since.

GGotW: What is it that attracts you to the subculture?
V33: I love everything dark — the subculture allows me to express this through music, literature, fashion, and lifestyle. I’m also attracted to the creativity and originality of the people in the subculture.

GGotW: What started you modeling?
V33: When I was younger I was interested in fashion, but I never really thought about photographing myself or modeling. About 4 years ago I was going through a very tough time in my life- I’d just been diagnosed with a chronic illness and was having a lot of health issues, and I was also dealing with a bad breakup. To distract myself, I started dressing up and taking photos of my daily outfits and posting them online. I kept doing this for a little while before I realized that I was very passionate about modeling and photography. Although my first photos honestly weren’t that good, creating these images gave me confidence and I really started to see myself as beautiful. It was also at this time that I was contacted by New Rock to model for them - I remember being so excited haha. As time progressed, I started working with more brands and learning more about the actual photographic process itself - I purchased a DSLR, started learning about lighting and composition of photos, and taught myself photoshop.

GGotW: Who or what inspires you?
V33: So many things! While I try to remain inspired by ideas in my own head a lot of the time to try to be original, there are definitely a few artists and models that I’d love to mention. The first artist that comes to mind when people ask about my inspirations is a Polish painter named Zdzisław Beksiński. I used to study painting and drawing, and he was always my biggest inspiration then and now. I actually have a plan to get a few of his pieces tattooed :) Beksiński is known for creating creepy, dystopian surrealistic works. While a lot of Beksiński’s themes aren’t immediately present in my photography, his work is incredibly meaningful to me and has been my biggest inspiration for years. I’m also inspired by a lot of the models and artists I follow, including Mahafsoun, Threnody In Velvet, The Black Metal Barbie, Obsidian Kerttu, and many others.

GGotW: What photographers do you tend to work with?
V33: I don’t usually work with photographers - I take all my own photos! While I have shot with a few photographers in the past, modeling and photography is a creative outlet for me so I prefer to do all aspects of the shoot myself, from photography and editing to makeup and styling.

GGotW: Do you ever model outside the Goth aesthetic?
V33: Not usually. Alternative and gothic modeling is who I am, so I tend to stick to what feels like me. Even if I do a shoot that isn’t completely gothic, I still have black hair and tattoos, so the photos still look pretty alternative anyway.

GGotW: Do you work with any particular brands?
V33: I do! As I mentioned earlier, the first brand I ever worked with was New Rock. Since then I’ve expanded over the years, collaborating with brands and companies such as Killstar, Punk Design Shop, Malefic Apparel, Dirtymind Cosmetics, and EvaHair.


No comments: