Oct 22, 2019

Feature: Sindy Pierce





CountryUSA
AreaFlorida
ModelMayhemMM=4433831
Twitter@Sindy_Pierce_
Instagram@sindy_pierce


Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.


GGotW: When did you start modeling?
SP: I started modeling around the start of 2019 but I didn't transition into alt modeling until April 2019. I'm still pretty new!

GGotW: What kind of modeling did you do at first?
SP: I did mostly classic Florida modeling - bikini and fitness type shoots.

GGotW: What caused you to transition from bikini modeling to ALT modeling?
SP: I didn't transition out of bikini modeling entirely. As you can see from my Instagram feed, I definitely still do bikini shoots. Before I started alt modeling, I was trying to maintain the "girl next door" look that's classic for Florida models. But, that didn't match my personal style at all - it wasn't very authentic. Now, I'm modeling suits that are more alternative (like my buckle suit or my leather bikini) and the makeup has my gothier vibe that's much more "me" and I think people pick up on that.

GGotW: How have you been able to push for ALT modeling in more mainstream adverts?
SP: Leather is super in right now so that's an easy stepping stone. I was able to do a more alt look for a car advertisement which you don't see a lot. The company that hired me was into my leather skirt/jacket/booties look so I paired it with darker make up for an alt style.

I've started to blend my bikini experience with alt makeup - it's being received well! I'd like to do more of that in the future.

GGotW: Leather or lace, what is your preference?
SP: Leather, definitely. I have like leather everything - jackets, shorts, pants, skirts, corsets, chokers, booties, a hat, bags, and even a leather bikini. I love the look and feel of the material.

What have you found to be the hardest thing about modeling?
SP: Figuring out who is genuine and who is trying to take advantage of you. I've met some really great people in the industry, but I've also come across a lot of people who just try to use you for their own benefit.

GGotW: How do you stay pale in Florida?
SP: Sunscreen is a must (try to pick brands that are safe for coral)! My daily moisturizer has SPF so that helps day-to-day. If I know I'm going to be outside for more than 30 minutes, I'm religious about applying SPF 50+ to any part of my body that will be exposed to the sun. Also, if I'm going to be outside for extended periods of time I wear an oversized hat to protect my face and neck. Overall, I do my best to be prepared, but I still get burned from time to time - such is life!

GGotW: What advice can you give to other ALT models looking to start?
SP: Advice I have for any model looking to start is to prioritize your safety over anything else. Do your research and trust your instincts! And, pardon my cliche, if something seems to good to be true - it probably is.

Advice I have specifically for alt models is that the alt community is super supportive - use them as a resource! Don't be afraid to reach out to other alt models/artists for tips and tricks because, in my experience, the community has been super willing to help each other out.




No comments: