Sep 18, 2006

Feature: Baby Black

Baby Black in Gothic red corset over black vinyl dress, large spike color, redhead

ChestWiastHipsHeightWeight
Imperial34"26"34"5"2'110 lbs
Metric
86cm66cm86cm157cm50 Kg


GGothW: Why the name Baby Black?
BB: I've always been told that I have a babyish face. I actually got the inspiration from the movie Dirty Dancing.......Nobody puts Baby in the corner! Black comes from my favorite band, Poison Black. And I like the alliteration thing goin' there with the B's.

GGothW: Where do you live?
BB: Good ol' New England.

GGotW: Do you find you need to travel for gigs?
BB: There's not much goin' on in my area. LA is pretty big in what I do. I hope to get out there sometime.

GGothW: What lead you to modeling?
BB: My sister, . Some nice latina hotness right there!

GGotW: Was the gothic modeling your first genre?
BB: I've always been drawn to the goth. I was always just "different". Where as my sister ended up with dark skin and light hair, I got the light skin and dark hair and found it more difficult to do mainstream modeling. Plus, alternative modeling lets me get really creative and I'm a pretty artsy person.
Also I like to express myself! And look like a badass when I'm really tiny and sweet.

GGothW: Who's your favourite photographer to work with?
BB: of course! I keep goin' back to him for some reason. ;)

GGothW: What keeps you busy when you're not modeling?
BB: Work, drawing, and Martial Arts

GGothW: When you model are the clothes yours already, or are they bought / designed special for the shoot?
BB: It just depends. I do a lot of crazy fetish looking things that I don't normally wear out in public! So of course, those I usually buy (or my photographer buys) for the shoot. Most everything is mine. I'm pretty materialistic. I like to keep things ;)

GGothW: What's your favourite outfit to date?
BB: It's always changing, but I really like shiney patent stuff! I borrowed this cincher from my friend from SG and a little patent dress from her photog. The combination is HAWT! But I didn't get to keep it.

GGothW: What is the weirdest thing you've ever shoot?
BB: I did this gothic marionette set where I'm swinging from the ceiling. It looked really cool but it was hell getting that jumping harness on! And after a few minutes my legs went numb.

GGothW: What is the working relationship between you and the Photograhers you work with like?
BB: I'm veeery picky about who I work with. If their work is crap and has no artistic merit, I won't work with them. It means they haven't taken the time to find out what it takes to be a decent photographer. Also, you never know who could end up holding your pics later on. I'm lucky in that I did nudes early (you get a lot of attention doing nudes) so now that I've toned down, most photographers still kinda know who I am. I've worked with all my photographers at least twice. They're great peeps.



GGothW:
What's up next for you?
BB: Anything and everything! I'm working on an alternative/cosplay website but I'm not too clear as to when that will be up. I'll keep you posted ;)



GGothW: What else would you like to tell us?
BB: I'm a nut. I'm geeky; I love learning about computers and different cultures. And I'm the most unPC person you'll ever meet. Except I'm totally toning it down here ;) I love to make people laugh and think that people should be able to laugh at all aspects of themselves without getting embarrassed or being offended. Life is too short to worry about what other people think!

Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.


Tags

No comments: