Jul 21, 2019

Feature: Lilith the Vampyre

CountryUK
FacebookLiliththevampyre
InstagramLilith_the_Vampyre
Height5'3" (169cm)









Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.


GGotW: How long have you modeled?

LtV:It's been about 4 years since I started, I love being in front of the camera and having a way to express myself creatively, I don't think I will be giving it up anytime soon.

GGotW: When you model, are you working for the photographer, yourself or a label?
LtV: It depends really, as each shoot is different, I try to stay true to my style and incorporate it into different projects. Most of the brands I shoot for like my style so it isn't really a problem. I think it's good to be versatile but keep in mind, not to shoot anything I know I won't be comfortable with.

GGotW: What is it about Goth that attracted you to the style?
LtV: I was fascinated by horror films and vampires as a child, growing up I discovered goth music and as much as I could express myself outwardly inspired by things I loved. Over time I developed a style that is distinctly 'me' incorporating gothic elements.

GGotW: Who influences you?
LtV: My influences vary, I would say music influences me a lot, also goth icons, like Vampira and Morticia Addams. I love vampires and the pale look.


GGotW: What is the scene like in the UK?
LtV:There is quite a large community of goths in the Uk especially London and bigger cities. There is great nightlife and many shows and events for those interested in the subculture.

GGotW: Where do you see yourself in the scene in the future?

LtV:I wish to become well established, meet lots of interesting people and further hone my craft! I don't think there is a 'right' or 'wrong' way to be goth though I've been through a lot of changes and one day I hope to be someone inspirational.

GGotW: Do you get to travel and see goth scenes in other areas?

LtV:I have lived in Ireland and know of the scene over there, though it's not quite as expansive it's still very much lively!


GGotW: What do you think is the biggest change since you started?
LtV: as far as modelling I think my self confidence has improved and I've become more aware of myself. As far as my involvement in the goth scene, I have noticed more and more young people getting interested , due to it's prevalence on the internet on various social platforms. As a teenager I was grouped together with all the other 'emo' or 'rockers' and I didn't have access to as much information as young people do nowadays.

GGotW: Do you think that Goth is growing or shrinking in The UK?
LtV:While it's not as active as in the beginning, there is still quite a lot of goths of various ages who are passionate about the subculture, who knows what the future will bring?
I feel in the UK we are more fortunate to have a variety of goth events and clubs, which has helped to keep it alive for so many years. I see a lot of younger people who are drawn to the style and music as well as the 'regulars' on the scene,so there's a good mix. I feel it's important to be open minded and accepting of others , as goth encompasses some diversity.



No comments: